Turkey says it won’t bow to US threat over its Syria plans

Turkey says it won't bow to US threat over its Syria plansTurkey said Tuesday it will go ahead with a military operation in northeastern Syria and won’t bow to threats over its Syria plans, an apparent reply to U.S. President Donald Trump’s warning to limit the scope of its expected assault. Trump said earlier this week the United States would step aside for an expected Turkish attack on Syrian Kurdish fighters, who have fought alongside Americans for years. The U.S. president later cast his decision to pull back U.S. troops from parts of northeast Syria as fulfilling a campaign promise to withdraw from “endless war” in the Middle East.